A Master of Business Administration is a valuable degree across virtually all industries. Everything gained from an online MBA program — leadership, teamwork, communication, technical and managerial skills — can be quickly applied on any job from day one. For marketing professionals who want to attract the attention of employers and boost their earning potential, an online MBA in marketing can be an added bonus.
Being a marketing professional is more than being artsy and creative; there’s strategy to the practice of selling a product or service. Marketing has seven functions, and an online MBA can be a vital tool in your understanding of each area:
1. Distribution — How a product or service will get to the intended consumers.
2. Financing — The capital it takes to create and market those goods or services.
3. Market research — The gathering of info to determine who consumers are as well as their buying habits and behaviors; this function also involves research on market trends and competitors.
4. Pricing — Determining how to set a price for a product or service.
5. Product and service management — Overseeing the product or service, listening to and responding to consumers’ wants and needs.
6. Promotion — Advertising the product or service and determining the appropriate method of promotion and marketing.
7. Selling — The last marketing function, which occurs once the previous functions have been properly executed and deemed to have met the consumers’ desires.
An MBA in marketing is ranked third among the best-paying MBAs. According to Monster.com, employees with an MBA in marketing had a median mid-career salary of $113,000. Common jobs and salaries for MBAs who specialize in marketing include marketing director ($133,000), business development manager ($105,000), and marketing manager ($102,000).
Taking classes online means you don’t have to quit your job or experience a loss of pay. If you need to juggle work, school and family obligations, an online MBA is the way to go. You can study from the convenience of your own home, a library or anywhere with an internet connection.
Courses in Northwest Missouri State University’s online MBA in marketing are condensed into seven-week terms. The curriculum includes core classes (21 hours) in managerial accounting, macroeconomics, employment law, strategic marketing and organizational behavior. The marketing concentration courses (12 hours) explore international business, advanced marketing communication, global marketing management and business decision analysis tools.
Northwest Missouri State Unversity’s online MBA program in marketing offers multiple start dates year-round, and if you get started now, you can earn your degree in 12-18 months. Tuition costs are the same for in-state and out-of-state residents, and you can pay for each course as you enroll. Also, GMAT and GRE requirements may be waived under certain circumstances.
If you’re considering an online MBA in marketing, take note: Employers are looking to hire business school graduates, says the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). Of the employers surveyed in 2017, 86 percent said they planned to hire MBA graduates, up from 79 percent of employers in 2016. Enroll today, and join the vast network of marketing professionals with an advanced degree.
Learn more about Northwest Missouri State University’s online MBA in Marketing program.
Have a question or concern about this article? Please contact us.