Dr. Ben Collier
Associate Professor of Economics
"It is a good feeling knowing that I can make a difference by providing students with tools that will help make them more knowledgeable and productive citizens."
- Ph.D. – Purdue University, 1984
- M.S. – Purdue University, 1980
- B.S. – University of North Texas, 1975
- BBA – University of North Texas, 1974
- Dean's Award for Exemplary Teaching, 1993
- Governor's Award for Excellence in Teaching, 1993
Which class do you teach online?
Principles of Microeconomics.
What do you want your students to take away from class?
To learn the "economic way of thinking."
Why did you start teaching?
Because I enjoy learning and teaching.
What advice would you give to your online students?
Do not procrastinate.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in the business world?
The willingness and motivation to get the job done.