Northwest Missouri State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. HLC accredits degree-granting, post-secondary educational institutions in the North Central region of the United States. Northwest was most recently reaffirmed for accreditation by the HLC in November 2018.
In addition, Northwest online programs are accredited by:
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- AAQEP – Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP)
- Missouri State Board of Education
The Northwest Missouri State University Master's in Nursing Program (via distance education) is accredited by the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA) located at 2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20037.
The Northwest Missouri State University Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN, via distance education) program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA) located at 2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20032.
- Ranked one of the "Best Online Colleges in Missouri" by SR Education Group (2020)
- Ranked No. 32 for "Global Online MBA" by CEO Magazine (2017)
- Ranked #9 among the "Most Affordable Online MBA Marketing Programs" by GetEducated.com (2020)
- Ranked #10 among the "Most Affordable Online MBA Management Programs" by Get Educated.com (2020)
- Recipient of the Christa McAuliffe Excellence in Teacher Education Award from the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (2018). Northwest, which also earned the McAuliffe Award in 2006, is just the third institution in the nation to earn the award two times since its inception in 2002.
- Achieved all five benchmarks within Missouri's performance-based funding model for FY14, FY15, FY16 and FY18
- Named a Military Friendly® School by Victory Media for nine consecutive cycles, representing the top 20 percent of U.S. colleges, universities and trade schools that deliver the best experience to military students
- Ranked the top moderately selective regional university in Missouri on U.S. News & World Report's list of "Best Colleges" (2015, 2016)
- Ranked #31 among the “Top Public Schools, Regional Universities Midwest” by U.S. News & World Report (2022)
- >Ranked in the Top 5 among “Public Universities in Missouri” by Niche.com (2022)
- >Ranked #23 among the “Best Colleges in Missouri” by Collegefactual.com (2022)
Facts & Figures
- 95% of tenured and tenure-track faculty hold the highest degree in their fields
- 100% of classes taught by professionals, not graduate assistants
- 80,000+ grads form our connected network of Northwest alumni