Dr. Matt Symonds
“Reach out to professors if you need help. Stay on top of coursework.”
- Ed. D. – University of Missouri
- Current board member and 2010 President of the Missouri Society of Health and Physical Educators
- Seven years of intercollegiate athletics administration experience
- Experience as parks and recreation board member
- Former director of the School of Health Science and Wellness
In which online program(s) do you teach?
M.S. in Recreation – Therapeutic Recreation, Recreation Management and Sports Management
In what ways do you connect with online students?
Canvas and Zoom.
What do you want your students to take away from class?
The ability to apply data analysis strategies to informed decision-making.
What advice would you give to your online students?
Reach out to professors if you need help. Stay on top of coursework.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
“Ego is the Enemy” by Ryan Holiday.