Dr. Stephen Ludwig
Assistant Professor of Accounting and Director of the Booth School of Business
"I enjoy interacting with students and seeing them gain confidence in their decision-making ability."
- Ph.D. – University of Arkansas, 2000
- MBA – Indiana University South Bend,1993
- B.A. – University of Northern Iowa, 1979
- Audit Manager with Coopers & Lybrand (now PwC), six years
- Controller in private industry, two years
- Business manager for nonprofit organization, six years
- Assistant Professor at Georgia Southern University for two years teaching financial accounting and auditing
- Sixteen years at Northwest Missouri State teaching financial accounting, managerial accounting, accounting information systems, and auditing
Which class do you teach online?
What do you want your students to take away from class?
The ability to understand and utilize accounting information to make appropriate business decisions. The ability to identify appropriate sources for obtaining the information for decision making.
Why did you start teaching?
I enjoy interacting with students and seeing them gain confidence in their decision-making ability.
What advice would you give to your online students?
Engage and don't be afraid to ask questions.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in the business world?
The ability to make informed decisions when there is ambiguity.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
Any book by Grisham, Childs or Baldacci.
What do you do when you need a laugh?
Spend time with family, especially granddaughters.