What Our Online Bachelor of Applied Science Offers You
Continue on your path to success with the online Bachelor of Applied Science degree program from Northwest Missouri State University. The B.A.S. offers you a flexible degree completion pathway after pursuing a vocational or technical degree such as a technical Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.), Associate of Science (A.S.), or certificate from a regionally accredited community college.
The 100% online B.A.S. enables you to maximize the transfer of vocational and technical courses toward a four-year degree, thus minimizing the number of Northwest core (general education) courses required. This program gives you the flexibility to tailor your studies to your individual and professional goals with curriculum designed around your choices within a specific discipline area.
Our experiential learning format prepares you with relevant knowledge and skills applicable to your career upon graduating. The undergraduate-level curriculum goes beyond theory and encourages you, as a student, to think critically and act decisively. Plus, the profession-based learning aspect of the curriculum is influenced by the Professional Advisory Board at Northwest, allowing you to apply your studies to real-life contexts. The Board, composed of industry professionals, meet annually to discuss the job market, workforce skill gaps and needs and provide information to Northwest faculty, so they may incorporate it in their course learning outcomes.
During the application process, applicants for the B.A.S. program will select an area of emphasis among Computer Business Applications, Marketing, or Business Management.
Northwest Missouri State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. HLC accredits degree-granting, post-secondary educational institutions in the North Central region of the United States. For more information, contact the Higher Learning Commission by mail at 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411, by phone at 800-621-7440 or via email at [email protected].
Graduates of this online program will:
- Gain fundamental skills in problem-solving and communication
- Expand on teamwork and collaboration techniques
- Focus on growing workforce skills you can apply to any professional setting
- Enhance their business capabilities
While the focus of the Bachelor of Applied Science degree is to expand your knowledge in other areas to pair with your technical knowledge, career opportunities may include:
- Project Manager, Construction
- Operations Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Software Developer/Engineer
- General Manager
- IT Manager
Have questions or need more information about our online programs?
Northwest offers a variety of specialized online education program options. Check out our other online undergraduate programs.
Tuition and Fees
Look Forward to Affordable Tuition
Our Bachelor of Applied Science online program offers affordable, pay-by-the-course tuition, which is the same for in-state and out-of-state students. There is a $30.00 per course fee.
|Program||Per Credit Hour||Per Course|
|Bachelor of Applied Science||$299||$897*|
Important Refund Information
|1st day of class||Last date for 100% refund for dropped course|
|2nd day of class||Last date for 75% refund for dropped course|
|3rd day of class||Last date for 50% refund for dropped course|
|4th day of class||Last date for 25% refund for dropped course|
Required fee per course: $30
*Tuition and fees are subject to change. Current amounts are based on 2020-21 tuition rates. Textbooks and laptops are not included with tuition. A one-time fee of $20.50 will be charged for remote proctoring of required Assessment of Core Proficiencies.
Northwest Missouri State University is ranked #1 among the "Best Online Colleges in Missouri" by SR Education Group (2019).
Check Out These Important Dates
Northwest online programs are delivered in an accelerated format ideal for working students, conveniently featuring multiple start dates each year.
|Term||Program Start Date||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline||Payment Due||Last Class Day|
Ready to take the next step toward earning your degree online from Northwest?
What You Need to Know Before Applying
At Northwest, we've streamlined the admission process to help you get started quickly and easily. Please read the requirements for the Bachelor of Applied Science online, including what additional materials you need and where you should send them. The requirements include:
To apply for this program, you must meet the requirements for one of the sections listed below.
- Students with 24 or more transferrable credit hours:
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative transfer GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Students with less than 24 transferrable credit hours:
- Follow freshman admission requirements and have a minimum 2.0 cumulative transfer GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Transfer students from non-regionally accredited institutions will also be considered a freshman; credit cannot be transferred into Northwest from a non-regionally accredited institution
Returning Students (previously enrolled as degree-seeking at Northwest)
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative transfer GPA in any coursework completed since last being at Northwest (on 4.0 scale)
- A probation essay (if returning after being suspended or put on probation) explaining previous time at Northwest, what they've been doing since and how they plan to be successful when they return
Bachelor of Applied Science
Only students who have earned approved vocational or technical certificates or degrees, or military credit are eligible for admission into the Bachelor of Applied Science program. Eligible students will have completed:
- A one-year technical certificate from a community/junior college
- A two-year technical certificate from a community/junior college
- An Associate of Applied Science degree
- An Associate of Science degree (eligible technical or vocational programs only)
- Military/Joint Services Transcript credit - 24 to 59 hours
- Military/Joint Services Transcript credit - 60 or more hours
Students who have earned a one-year certificate will complete a minimum of 39 hours of coursework at Northwest in their chosen emphasis area. Students who have earned a two-year certificate, A.A.S., or eligible A.S. will complete a minimum of 24 hours of coursework at Northwest in their chosen emphasis area (30 credit hours total at Northwest).
Official transcripts can be emailed to [email protected]. To submit official documents by mail, send them to:Office of Admissions
Northwest Missouri State University
800 University Drive
Maryville, MO 64468-6001
Have a question? Call us at 844-890-9304 844-890-9304.
Choose Your Program Direction With Flexible Course Selections
The completion of the Bachelor of Applied Science degree requires:
- A minimum of 24 semesters hours in courses numbered above 300
- A minimum of 30 semester hours completed in residence, with the last 10 hours of academic work completed at Northwest
- A minimum total of 120 earned academic hours
- A minimum overall and Northwest grade point average of 2.0
Check out our other undergraduate online degree programs.