Dr. Chi Lo Lim
Professor of Management
"I expect students to polish their critical thinking and apply knowledge gained in MBA courses."
- DBA in Strategic Management – Alliant International University, 1994
- M.S. in Management Organizational Development – Alliant International University, 1984
- BSBA – University of Santo Tomas, 1983
- Synex International, San Diego, California, Co-founder, General Manager, 1992-1995
- Was a key player in the establishment of Synex International as an export management company. Firm represented major American companies in several industries in various geographical areas of the world.
- Was involved in marketing and recruitment of foreign students for an American university which included coordination with the countries' respective embassies in the United States
- Was a key project manager for a technology transfer project involving mass production of prefabricated modular housing for an American company to the Middle East
- Was a principal negotiator in a project that resulted in worldwide exclusive representation of the firm for a multi-million dollar American company
- Utilized fluency in foreign languages in obtaining favorable transactions in different Asian countries for a company
- Developed strategic marketing plan which resulted in the appointment of distributorships in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Hungary and the United Arab Emirates.
- TransRay Corporation, Los Angeles, California, Director, 1984-present
- Coordinated international transactions between United States and the Philippines
- Oversee international projects
- Professor of Management, Northwest Missouri State University, Aug. 2017 - Present
- Associate Professor of Management, Northwest Missouri State University, Aug. 2006 - July 2017
- Chair, Marketing/Management Department, Northwest Missouri State University, May 2008 - July 2012
- Assistant Professor of Management, Northwest Missouri State University, Aug. 1999 - July 2006
- Assistant Professor of Management, Brescia University, Aug. 1997 - July 1999
- Adjunct Professor, Huron International University, March - Aug. 1995
- Adjunct Professor, West Coast University, March - Aug. 1995
Which class do you teach online?
Executive Seminar, Evolution of Quality Management, Problems in Business.
What do you want your students to take away from class?
I expect students to polish their critical thinking and apply knowledge gained in MBA courses.
What advice would you give to your online students?
Be disciplined and do not procrastinate.