In just one year’s time, you can accomplish any number of goals. Losing weight might top the list of priorities for some people, while saving money for a new home might be someone else’s objective. One thing is for certain: A year seems to go by quickly. But if you plan it right, you could actually hold an online Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Marketing from Northwest Missouri State University (Northwest) at the end of those 12 months.
Benefits of an MBA
The skills and talents you develop in an online MBA program are greatly valued in the workplace. Leadership, teamwork, communication, technical and managerial abilities — all can make you attractive to potential employers. Moreover, these skills are expected of new graduate business school hires, evidenced by employer responses to the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) 2022 Corporate Recruiter’s Survey:
- Leadership — Employers look for qualities such as integrity, drive, innovation, strategic vision, the desire to learn and the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Teamwork — Adaptability, cultural competence, interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively are definitely assets in the workplace. Valuing others’ opinions, following other leaders and delegating are equally important.
- Communication — Speaking, listening and writing with clarity are key traits employers expect from MBA graduates. Communication is also an extremely important component of an employee’s interpersonal skillset, supporting teamwork and leadership.
- Technical — Graduate business alumni should have an in-depth understanding of qualitative and quantitative analysis, core business knowledge and current technology.
- Managerial — Candidates should be astute at applying analytics insight, making decisions, developing strategy and managing tasks, human capital and administrative activities.
An MBA can help you gain a better understanding of business from a global perspective, and the degree often leads to a promotion and higher income. According to GMAC’s The Value of Graduate Management Education: From the Candidate’s Perspective 2022 report, 84% of surveyed alumni reported that their degree helped them improve their professional situation, 87% said their education increased their employability and 85% concluded their investment in school had a positive return. Over 90% of surveyed graduates “rated the value of their graduate management education favorably.”
Your Path to an MBA
Courses in Northwest Missouri State University’s online MBA in Marketing are condensed into seven-week terms. If you take two courses at a time, you can finish in as few as 12 months. Even if you decide to progress through your MBA at a slower pace, you can still complete your studies in well under two years. Plus, GMAT and GRE requirements can be waived under certain circumstances, which means you can get started on your degree sooner rather than later.
The online MBA program in marketing features multiple start dates, so you choose the ideal time based on your schedule. As far as cost, you can pay for each course as you enroll in it. Northwest’s online MBA tuition is also the same for in-state and out-of-state students.
Students must complete 10 courses (30 credit hours) — including 21 hours of core courses and nine hours of concentration courses — to earn the MBA in Marketing online.
The degree program includes core courses in subjects like managerial accounting, managerial economics, business decision analysis tools, financial management, strategic marketing and organizational behavior. The marketing coursework explores international business, advanced marketing communication and global marketing management.
There are only four steps in the 12-month journey to your advanced degree: Apply, register, progress through the program, paying as you go, and finish well. Through completing these straightforward steps and managing your time well, you can earn a high-quality MBA for marketing professionals within a year, preparing you to advance your career, earning potential and effectiveness on the job.
Learn more about Northwest’s online MBA in Marketing program.