Dr. Renee Oyotode-Adebile
Assistant Professor of Finance
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity. Make sure that you set up a scheduled time to study."
- Ph.D. in International Business (Finance) – Texas A&M International University, 2018
- M.B.A. in International Business and Finance – University of New Orleans, 2012
- “Maitrise” Degree in Business Management – Université Félix Houphouët-Boigny, 2010
- University Diploma of Professional Accounting and Finance – Université Félix Houphouët-Boigny, 2008
- Assistant professor, Northwest Missouri State University, 2018-Present
- MBA coordinator 2020-Present
- Faculty excellence in research and publication
- Accreditation Council of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs Evaluator
Which class do you teach online?
MBA in General, MBA in Marketing, MBA in Human Resources, MBA in Finance, MBA in Accounting and M.S. in Business Analytics
In what ways do you connect with online students?
You can contact me by email or through Canvas.
What do you want your students to take away from class?
- Gain factual financial management knowledge (definitions, terminology, classifications and methods).
- Explain and discuss fundamental financial management principles, generalizations and theories.
- Apply course material to improve rational financial thinking, problem-solving and decision-making.
- Develop skills, competencies and points of view needed by professionals in all areas of business.
Why did you start teaching?
With my background, I understand that access to education is a privilege. I always wanted to help students from every background take full advantage of this privilege.
What advice would you give to your online students?
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity. Make sure that you set up a scheduled time to study.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in the field in which you teach?
Determination and courage.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
The seven Harry Potter books (the books are better than the movies).
What do you do when you need a laugh?
Watch Netflix or Amazon Prime.